Join us for an outdoor experience that will transform your mind and body through hiking, yoga and rock climbing.
FLOW OF THE DAY
- Begin with a yoga session
- Warm-up hike to our workshop area
- Breathing awareness and yoga session
- Engage in climbing
- Return hike cool down
- Reflection and meditation session
- All levels and abilities welcome!
- Session dates: TBA
- Session runs 9am-2pm @ Ralph Stover State Park
- We will provide a wonderful experience as well as all the climbing gear. You will need to bring water and lunch/snacks.
- $90 per person per session ($75 for DRG members)
YOGA INSTRUCTOR – Dawn Greenly
Dawn is a registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance (500 E-CRYT), she is the founder and developer of Namaste Baby, yoga classes for Moms, Dads, and Caregivers and infants. She has dedicated her life to promoting health and wellness to those individuals who are ready to commit to a healthier way of life, a mindful existence, and a belief that our thoughts lead to action. Read More…
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Do I need to have practiced yoga or have gone rock climbing to participate? No. This workshop is open to anyone who has an interest in wellness in an outdoor setting.
2. If I do practice yoga, will this help my practice? It can enhance your current practice by allowing you to apply your yoga in a different environment. Whether it is on a meditative hike, having the awareness of leaves falling around you as you practice breadth work or moving up a rock face, this workshop serves to enlighten.
3. If I am a rock climber, will this help my climbing? While climbers use their bodies often, they are (many times) unaware of how they are moving. This workshop will help you connect your climbing to the awareness of your body.
4. What do I need to bring? You will need to bring water, lunch/snacks, anything you need to be outdoors and a bag to carry your belongings (backpack style suggested to be hands free). We will provide everything else.
5. Do I need to pre-register? Yes, it is important that you pre-register so we can be sure to accommodate everyone.